HOME     |     CONTACT     |     tel:   (+44)  (0)  1376  333376     |     email:   sales@shadbolt.co.uk  Twitter  Facebook
Skip Navigation Links > home > projects > buildings with a story > Angel Court

ANGEL COURT


 

Originally built in 1979, Angel Court has been rebuilt and reinvented by Fletcher Priest Architects for client Mitsui Fudosan and Stanhope. Many options were explored before work began on replacing all but the core of the original 25 storey tower, building a new, modern structure increasing the previous office space by 60%.

The skin of the 25 storey tower is clad in translucent glass panels, continuously curving across the surface of this entire element. The appearance of the tower contrasts softly with the adjacent stone buildings and reflects the surroundings, providing a refined presence on the City’s skyline.

The base of the tower is supported by a contrasting 6 storey podium clad in limestone, which contain shops and restaurants at pedestrian level. The angled base at street level carves out a modest and light-filled public space. The podium building is topped out by terraces including business lounge, cafe area, croquet lawns and a roof garden surrounded by tall hedges to frame the views.

The building achieves a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating, offering a substantial reduction in CO2 emissions compared to the previous building.

Shadbolt assisted the project with the manufacture and supply of bespoke FSC® certified “Soft White” Formica laminated FD30, FD60, FD90 and FD120 fire performance doors with factory primed framesets.